Wolves’ Soccer Team Plays Two of their Best Games of the Season


     Tuesday, April 20, 2021 found the North Sevier Wolves’ Boys’ Soccer team hosting Diamond Ranch in their second match of the season. The Wolves started out strong and had several attempts on goal and Junior Shay Scott sent the first one of the game in 24 minutes into play. Diamond Ranch countered with 2 goals within the next 10 minutes.  But before the half time buzzer Sophomore Chase Sharp sent a pass up to Sophomore Ayden Crane and then a chain from Junior Guy Huntsman, Junior Keaton Peterson and up to Sophomore Randy Elmer who sent it in for a tie to end the first half.

     Two minutes into the second half North Sevier pulled ahead as a nice pass from Randy Elmer set up the ball for a good header in by Keaton Peterson. But 20 minutes later Diamond Ranch tied it up again with another goal. And then another one to pull ahead 3 minutes later. With only 4 minutes left of the game Guy Huntsman sent a nice cross in and tied up the score again this time at 4 – 4.

     State High School ruling insists that ties be broken and so a 10 minute golden overtime was established: First team to score wins! Both teams came out hot and determined to pull off the win. Diamond Ranch batted away a good North Sevier corner kick within the first 2 minutes of play and then headed down field where too much congestion of players put a damper on North Sevier’s ability to prevent a ball from finding the net and Diamond Ranch went home the victors. The young Wolf team fought their way through one of their better games of the season and made Diamond Ranch work doubly hard to get that 5 -4 win.

     Friday, April 23 North Sevier had another home game and their second match against Parowan. The battle raged back and forth with many attempts on goal, but with 2 minutes left in the first half Parowan sent 2 goals in.

     Second half the intensity of the game had not changed, but Parowan got a third goal in within the first 15 minutes of play and then a dreaded penalty shot was awarded Parowan in the box which put the score at 4-0. But the Wolves weren’t done yet and two minutes later Keaton Peterson sent a pass up to Guy Huntsman who passed it through the goalie’s fingers. Parowan reciprocated by immediately sending another goal in. Three minutes later Shay Scott made a pass up to Guy Huntsman who was able to put another goal in. But with only 4 minutes left in the game the fighting Wolves couldn’t get another one and lost 5-2, but with a huge improvement over their first game against Parowan. 

     This young Wolf team has improved immensely. Their loyal fans hope that the commitment and fire they have shown lately continues in their last home game which, due to some changes in the schedule, will be Monday April 26 against Gunnison. It will also be Senior night!

Scroll to Top