Structure Fire

Salina Police and Fire Departments responded to a structure fire at 200 South 347 East in Salina Thursday, May 12 around 8:00 p.m.  Police Chief Al Taylor said the structure was a complete loss and one dog perished in the accidental incident.       

              He said the fire seems to be a result of a lit cigarette left unattended and the male inside the structure was able to be rescued with minor burns thanks to two rescuers. 

              “It was a pretty significant structure fire,” said Taylor. “Thankfully two rescuers were able to help the victim get out relatively safely and they were also able to save one dog that was inside.”

Posted in

Lora Fielding

Scroll to Top