SALINA CITY PLANNING & ZONING
Public notice is hereby given that the Salina City Planning & Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing May 18, 2023 at 6:45 p.m. in the Salina City Council Chambers located at 90 West Main for the purpose of accepting comments on a zone change from a Single-Family Residential Zone (R-1) to a Two-Family Residential Zone (R-2). The property is located within and bounded on the West by 200 East, bounded on the North by Main St., bounded on the east by 400 East, and bounded on the south by 100 West. The purpose of the change is to allow for two-family residential dwellings.
/s/Kathy Maxwell, Salina City Treasurer
Published in the Salina Sun on May 3, 10, and 17, 2023
PUBLIC NOTICE OF SALINA MUNICIPAL
Public notice is hereby given that Salina City residents will be electing for 3 Council member seats to serve four-year terms at the municipal general election.
Candidate filing period begins Thursday June 1, 2023 and runs through Wednesday June 7, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Declaration of Candidacy Forms or Nomination Petition must be filed in person with the City Recorder at 90 West Main, Salina, Utah between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Thursday through Wednesday. Candidate filling deadline is Wednesday June 7, at 5:00 p.m. There is no filing fee. Dates for 2023 elections are: Primary (If needed) September 15, 2023, General November 7, 2023.
Qualifications for a candidate Are: (UCA 10-3-301; 20A-9-203)
(1) Be a United States citizen at time of filing
(2) Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election
(3) Be a legal resident of Salina City for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
(4) Be a registered voter of Salina City
(5) In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101-5.
UOCAVA voters may request and receive ballots and materials by email or fax.
Please contact the Salina city Offices with any questions or information.
Salina City Recorder
Published in the Salina Sun May 3, and 10, 2023